This is just a friendly reminder that the deadline for a current 7th grade boys to apply to Xavier High School’s Higher Achievement Program (HAP) is only a few weeks away. All interested applicants must submit an online application, as well as all other supporting materials, by April 15. In case you need them, some details about the program are below:
- HAP will be hosted at Xavier and will be in-person. It will operate from June 29 – July 29, 8:30am-2:30pm, 5 days a week.
- HAP is FREE! All young men of the 7th grade are welcome to apply.
- To better account for the expected complications on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we expect to admit about 100 students maximum. This is a major reduction in comparison to previous years.
- HAP is committed to serving young men from diverse backgrounds and means and is devoted to serving students from at-risk populations. HAP will prioritize the acceptance of applicants who are most in need and who will stand to benefit from attending the program.
- In order for students to be considered for enrollment this summer, they must apply by the deadline of April 15, 2021. The online application can be found here.
- Additional information about HAP, as well as other application materials, can be accessed here.
- Unlike previous years, I will not be sending out a mailing with admissions literature. I also ask that all applicants and schools submit application information digitally, as opposed to the regular mail, as much as possible; Email to HAP@xavierhs.org is preferred.