It is time to ask for your help with our SFACA 10th Annual Walkathon. Each year, our community comes together to support the efforts of Catholic education at St. Francis and helps to raise funds for school-wide enhancements.
We hope that you will encourage your son or daughter to fully participate in our 2018 Walkathon which is scheduled for Friday, May 25, 2018.
In the past, funds raised from the Walkathon have not only helped to defray the cost of tuition, but have also helped to pay for many items including new computers & smart boards. Last year part of our proceeds were donated to to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation as a culmination of our Make-A-Wish® Week spearheaded by the SFA Student Council. This year we will donate a portion of our proceeds to The Sandy Hook Promise Foundation.
To help with this effort, we ask each student to have a goal of $50 in donations, but any amount would be greatly appreciated. We do not ask that your son or daughter solicit door-to-door; we hope that the financial support will be obtained from family and friends.
Please take note of the following information:
- Our SFACA 10th Annual Walkathon will be held on Friday, May 25th during each class’s lunch period (11am – 1pm) Morning Session students will walk before their dismissal.
- Each student that reaches their goal of $50 can DRESS DOWN every day the last full week of school (Monday through Friday, June 18th-22nd)
- In addition to the dress down days, Incentive awards include PEP cards & NUT cards
- This year we will again hold a Free Month’s Tuition Raffle – One entry for every $100 raised.
- Participation is FREE!
- All students who participate will receive a SFA Walkathon T-Shirt to be worn on the day of the event with their uniform gym shorts or sweatpants and sneakers.
- Pre-School students will walk in the schoolyard.
- Students in grades Pre-K through 8 will walk the few blocks within the vicinity of our school and church with faculty and parent supervision.
- Healthy drinks and snacks will be provided.
- The Walkathon Day will conclude with a school-wide Let’s Move Dance for all students and staff in the school yard.
- A photo of the entire student body will be taken in the schoolyard at the beginning of the school day. Please be prompt. Parents must remain outside of the schoolyard.
- Student donations will be accepted until Monday, June 4th. T-Shirt Advertising by Friday, May 11th.
- In addition to cash and check pledges, you may also donate online using your credit card or bank account by clicking here
- Permission slips, Pledge and Advertising Forms are below.
- Permission slips are due by Wednesday, May 9th.
- Many volunteers are needed to walk with the students and distribute snacks and drinks. Please consider donating your time.
We are so proud of the continued charitable spirit of our St. Francis community and we thank you for your support.